previous arrow
next arrow

Our Stories

Everything is Permissible, but Not All are Helpful

by | Oct 20, 2020 | Technology For Ministry, Technology Talk, What MAF Technologies (formerly CRMF) Does

“Churches need to get online and interact with people via a range of platforms. That way, they can show real engagement with people’s lives – taking the gospel to them, rather than expecting them to come and find it on a Sunday morning.”

As Technology for the Churches in PNG, the next best thing is to connect those who are not “on line” by gathering latest information from the internet and developing power point presentations for educating and informing the “off line” communities of the trends in technology.

We thank the Lord for the opportunities to inform the churches and ministry groups of the technical changes and its impact on the lives of our younger generation. We always start with defining technology as “tools developed by man for easier way of doing things which include travel, health, education and basically numerous daily chores. Someone stated that we live and breath technology and it has become part of life.

Papua New Guinea with its estimated population of 8,947,024 is about 0.11% of the world population. Of the total population of our country, 40% is made up of youths. The other 60% is made up of older people and younger children. Since the fast influx of technological age in the last 20 years, the 40% of our population termed as “digital natives” are more exposed and therefore vulnerable to the “wrong use” of technology.
This wrong use involves internet pornography, wasting time on games and violent movies with the end result of having a general that is less social. Our biggest challenge is helping the younger generation understand is that “everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial” As Paul warned the Church in 1 Corinthians 6:12 in the context of giving glory to God in body and in spirit – Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is helpful. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be brought under the control of anything.

He warned the Corinthians again in chapter 10:23 in the context of our freedom as Christians “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is helpful. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything builds up.

We thank the Lord for the opportunities to minister to the youths in three different locations in the last two weeks. We are grateful that the Lord brought about these opportunities to prepare the youths to be good citizens of our country and true followers of our Lord Jesus.
Pray for strength as the team continue to do awareness and for the Holy Spirit to minister to the youths for true conversion.